I do not often remember my dreams. Yet, last week, I had two powerful and great dreams that reminded me both of what I love and that for which I dream of in the future. They were solid reminders of who I am.
Even still and more so, I very rarely remember nightmares. That being said, this week already, I have had 3 episodic nightmares with varying scenarios and themes. Indeed two in one night, two nights ago, were two of the worst I can ever remember.
That being said, with reflection these past 48 hours, these 3 nightmares have been even more powerful teachers. They have (a) revealed to me key fears, (b) helped me explore their cause and core and (c) offered me insights into how I face them fiercely and heroically.
Two calendar months from today, I have a date with a publicly acknowledged goal, and I will be in PEI for a weigh in and measurement and celebration of same. My intent is to be approaching a 38″ waist line, down from a max of 48″. The relevance of such an achievement is threefold.
- First, it will be the slimmest I have been in some 20+ years.
- Second, it will serve to heighten and return my strength and vitality to those levels to which my soul resonates. Even at my heaviest, I had energy. There is more returning. 🙂
- Third, it serves up the physiology for the next leg of life and work, as I approach my 58th birthday February 20 and moving forward.
Indeed, there will be cause to celebrate.
That being said, both my dreams last week and nightmares this week have caused me to better frame both the opportunities and challenges ahead… and help me to better understand what is required of me now, and going forward. I feel better armed.
My thought to you, this day, is ” What loves and fears, manifested in your dreams, do you most need to take stock of at this time?” Just remember the words of Dumbledore.
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
Barry is ultimately a vocalist, strength coach and educator. His work is about exploring, identifying, practicing and mastering our strengths and building upon them through practical and powerful unity and resourcefulness. That is why Barry is The Unity Guy™. EPIC Engage™ is an extension of The Unity Guy™. The Epic work is all about building strong, united and inspired cultures lead by character… at school, work, business and community; where everyone matters and contributes everyday.
A bunch of other possible reads, of note…
PPS (Other Resources)
- Our work is all about character. We work hard and joyfully to help build character driven, united and resourceful organizations and communities around the globe. As part of that work, we offer you …
- and our buffet of FREE services and resources here.