5 Questions for United Diversity
The poster below and to the right occupies my desktop background. It is a collection of pictures of people and animals and characters and places that have meaning for me. They are diverse and yet the same. Earlier this week, we posted this on Exploring Difference and Sameness. And last Friday, we offered up 10 perspectives on Springing into Action. The core thought streaming through both posts and the poster is that diversity and unity are not mutually exclusive concepts. The strongest form of unity is based on diversity. The strongest form of diversity is united.
So, this week, we have but five questions for you. We invite you to read the aforementioned and linked posts first. Then, ask yourself…
- What strengths do I personally possess and manifest loud and clear?
- What strengths does each member of my class, team, company or community possess and manifest loud and clear?
- How are these strengths diverse and complimentary?
- How are these strengths the same and reinforcing?
- How can we best coordinate and optimize our collective strengths?
Spend some time on these questions as a powerful human resource inventory and conversation, driven by the diversity and unity of strengths as strategic advantage… for your class, school, team, business or community. The answers will reveal a powerful synergy.
And we will be going deeper in the weeks to come.
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
Barry is ultimately a vocalist, strength coach and educator. His work is about exploring, identifying, practicing and mastering our strengths and building upon them through practical and powerful unity and resourcefulness. That is why Barry is The Unity Guy™. EPIC Engage™ is an extension of The Unity Guy™. The Epic work is all about building strong, united and inspired cultures lead by character… at school, work, business and community; where everyone matters and contributes everyday.
Here are some additional resources that may be of use and\or interest:
- a post of 7 perspectives around leadership.
- some thoughts on Purposefulness
- and here… 10 perspectives on loving your work.
PPS (Other Resources)