An Invitation to Bucket
In my return to Barry’s Blog last week, I wrote on Too Long and Too Much and Thanksgiving. Amidst this past weekend, I had a personal a-ha and it resulted in LinkedIn posts on a 500 day journey towards my 60th birthday. Just this morning, I wrote on Commitment and Day 2. I have long been about exploring character and building healthy unity. The a-ha serves both. All of that is to say, I am now extending an invitation to you and yours to walk with me on the journey. If you decide so, discern on your buckets of interest. I call them the ALs, as they all end in “al”. 🙂
- Spiritual… your spiritual, soulful life
- Emotional… relationships and love
- Material… the stuff
- Physical… your health
- Financial… things money
- Educational… what you intend to study and learn and master
- Vocational… work, service and calling
- Social… contributions to community
- Inspirational… the joyful for you
Even this morning I have updated a little. I have opted to combine mine down to 5.
- Educational, which will include my MBa, Mandarin, French and even spiritual
- Joyful… which will include emotional, and inspirational
- Work and Service… including vocational, and social
- Physical… my health
- WEALTH… including material and financial
My five buckets statement to be filled by 20022020 (my 60th birthday) goes like this:
- It is 20022020, and I am a master and lifelong student of the global body of work around character leadership and unity building. I have learned conversational Mandarin and French to bring that work more global. I have also engaged a deepened level of spiritual studies and practice through The Ruhi Institute, and more. I am living a life filled with love, song, dance, cartooning, writing, epic stories, archery and more of what and who I love. My #bestlittledogintheworld Panda is by my side in enjoying it all. I am teaching business leadership at College of the North Atlantic, in class and online; and doing my global work of Epic Engage™. I am loving it! I am 110K in weight (slim for my body structure) and benching same; healthy and strong. And, I am financially ready, willing and able to support special projects in which I deeply want to invest and contribute.
Those are my five for Fidelity (promise kept) and Commitment (follow through). You need not choose 5 buckets. Choose one, if that calls to you. But, here is the thing. Whenever you join the journey, we set our sights on 20022020, to have a cool, funky online celebration. Imagine the feeling. Join me. I hope you do. I dare you to…
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
For more on thanks… and courage, check out the broadCAST for October 2018.
Here is a beautiful video on being thankful for movies, from a student of mine.