Focusing on Appreciation
Earlier this week, we started in on a look at Appreciation as a virtue; a strength of character… and hot on the heels of examining Acceptance and Accountability. We called Appreciation the Prospector Virtue. It finds value, when practiced. It finds it in the good and the bad. It is thankful in adversity; for the teachers are effective. It is particularly powerful when focused. That being said, we also engaged questions around:
- What is the most underappreciated area of your life right now?
- What or who exactly is being underappreciated?
- What will the impact of expressing genuine appreciation there?
- What actions would be required to do so?
- How can you begin?
Here is a thought on focus and how to begin. We call it L.O.V.E.™… a 4-step process of expressing appreciation in deeds, not words. Have a look and listen, and reflect on its application at school, work, business and/or community… for you, specifically. Answer questions 1-4 above, then engage the L.O.V.E.™ as an expression of Appreciation.
Yes, love your work. Love your challenges. Love your clients, colleagues and constituents. Love your family, class, teacher or students. Love your business. Love your community. Love your life. It is ultimately about bringing your best to any given situation. It is about 4 steps in expressing Appreciation through more than words.
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
Barry is ultimately a vocalist, strength coach and educator. His work is about exploring, identifying, practicing and mastering our strengths and building upon them through practical and powerful unity and resourcefulness. That is why Barry is The Unity Guy™. EPIC Engage™ is an extension of The Unity Guy™. The Epic work is all about building strong, united and inspired cultures lead by character… at school, work, business and community; where everyone matters and contributes everyday.
Here are some additional resources that may be of use and\or interest and you might appreciate. 🙂
- 9 experts with 9 ideas for success… a great read
PPS (Other Resources)
- Our work is all about character. We work hard and joyfully to help build character driven, united and resourceful organizations and communities around the globe. As part of that work, we offer you …
- and our buffet of FREE services and resources here.