EPIC for EVERYONE
At Epic Engage™, we offer 19 free programs … for a better world. With that in mind, and in honor of #bestlittledogintheworld Panda, we offer the following free and unleashed.
This is one deeeeeep dive, but worth it.
The FREEPIC Forums™
Consider our FREEPIC Forums™… most of which are found on…
#1. MEANINGFUL MONDAYS
Each Monday, there will be a post intended for what we call the Activants. Such Activants are quite simply those living and working on the change, by their work on the ground. They are noble minded and world embracing educators, entrepreneurs and emerging leaders. they include:
- Leaducators: They are educators who see the importance of character and contribution in and out of the classroom. These are the teachers that make us feel we matter and they matter because they do that. They believe in the words of REv, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” They help to draw out our best and explore our creativity. They are humbly heroic in their approach, and make the lasting difference by their character.
- We offer The Leaducator™, for Leaducators the 1st Monday of the month… to explore being that for our students, ourselves and each other.
- Communitrepreneurs: They are social enterprisers and community-centered entrepreneurs who understand that commerce is the engine and servant of community, and not simply some appendix around which to get rich quick. They believe in a definition of community as “… more than the sum of its membership, it is a comprehensive unit of civilization composed of individuals, families and institutions that are originators and encouragers of systems, agencies and organizations working together with a common purpose for the welfare of people both within and beyond its own borders…”. And, they see enterprise as part of such.
- We offer Deliver™, for Communitrepreneurs the 2nd Monday of the month… to explore how we stand and deliver our message and service; how we unite, inspire and lead our organizations thusly.
- Emergents: They are the young and emerging leaders in the private, public and community sectors who know that it is about deeds, not words; they are changing things by doing and being. They believe in the words of JFK, “We have the power to make this the best generation of mankind in the history of the world or to make it the last.” … and fight for the former.
- We offer The broadCAST™, for all, with our team of contributors… and broadCAST™ Live, the 3rd Monday of the month… and AukWords™, for Emergents specifically… the 4th Monday of the month.
- Plead the Fifth™, an occasional and special and comprehensive post for all on that 5th Monday in a month. 🙂
After School Live. Here we explore character by diving into a strength of character and examining its application at school, work, business and community. Recorded LIVE in one take, it is released every Tuesday.
Barry’s Blog is just that.. a personal blog on Wednesdays. Here, Barry reports in on his own learnings around character, love and personal leadership. He gets real, and will have some fun.
OBwan Live on Barry’s LinkedIn page… and on Facebook. Through short punchy cool video (shot live in one take), we explore character and behaviour at school, work, business and community … drawing on my 40 years in leadership training and development and his 25 years teaching Organizational Behaviour. And, we have fun doing it.
Fun and Fierce is fun on Fridays, incorporating live video feeds on Barry’s Facebook page. It could be live singing or a fun message or both.
Then there will be Sharpen the Blades … a blog series about character in response to life and work. Each post is an exploration of an aspect of character and its impact on living and working more successfully, however we might define such. Sharpen the Blades is about preparing our character as strength; in the face of life and work. Period.
On a daily basis, expect… #hUmaNITY, Shine Down on Me, and more.
At #humanity you will find articles, videos and more celebrating something human and heroic… and/or happy. #humanity is our small but growing online community where we foster an engaging exchange of thought and ideas around character leadership and education… and advancing the notion of humanity, locally and globally. It is for world embracing educators, entrepreneurs and emerging leaders. And, that includes parents. 🙂 If you believe in the cool power of education, we do too. Great education is great leadership. Great leadership is great education. If you believe in humanity, heroism and happiness, we do too. Through music, meme, message and more… here, we serve YOU. And here, you will find and can share articles, videos, and more that constructively add to a global conversation around character education and leadership… and our humanity… and have fun in the process!!! Yes, we believe in humanity, heroism, humility and happiness . We believe in the noble spirit of humanity. We believe in life and the kind of leadership that advances living it to our best. We are going to have fun here, exploring the best in us. AND, weekly there will be that live chat of celebrating the good.
#8. CHARACTER MATTERS
As well, and on Facebook (The Unity Guy … Epic Engage … #hUmaNITY), LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter, you will find daily Virtues Reflection posts… called Character Matters… taking a virtues Reflection Card and offering it up for consideration and a question.
#9. Shine Down on Me
Borrowed from the Collective Soul song Shine, Shine Down on Me… I share a line from a Shinedown (my fave band) as a video thought weekly on Sundays. Kind of a different bed time story. Cool music, and messaging.
#10. ROCKfox Unity Radio
ROCKFOX Unity Radio is a Facebook “Radio” concept… here is an online space to place great music that soothes, lifts and rocks the spirit… all genres but a singular mission to connect music with spirit. You can make requests here and we will put it up for others to enjoy. You can post your own in the spirit of the space. Feel free to LIKE the page, and access it and add to it with great commentary… it is a cool community around music that moves us in the best of ways. Rock on! Join us.
#11. Daily Dives
You will also find a wide selection of memes, music and message shared on these platforms in blog style; daily daring to celebrate character … humanity, heroism and happiness.
#12. THE FREE THOUGHT™ SERIES
… where we offer special video and blogs for our global community. You might want to join our LINKEDIN Focus Groups
- Engaging Youth, Leadership and Education
- Building Character, Culture and Leadership Excellence
- Wayfarers’ Virtues Connection for Virtues Project Facilitators
And, go here to find our FREE THOUGHT Series of books. We take on topics as diverse as spirituality, bullying, service, health, wealth, leadership, business, college and education. These FREE downloads are personal and professional… and intended to stimulate thought and action to explore some more. Think of them as tools to inspire your own independent investigation of truth on matters of living and working and studying.
#13. EPIC ENGAGE™ on FACEBOOK
In addition, check out our Epic Engage Facebook page, where we offer a wide variety of resources. There, we examine strengths of character and how to best practice them for results as leaders and organizations… and have fun along the way.
#14. STRONG SCHOOL GLOBAL™
ONLINE LEADERSHIP VIDEO PROGRAM
FOR EVERYONE and FREE to ALL. STRONG SCHOOL GLOBAL ™ is a true service project. Here we offer 30+ videos around character, communications, temperament, leadership, problem solving, confidence and more. Through an online video series, we bring and offer world class and recognized expertise in character leadership. Some of our best fun and material, right here. It is raw and real. You get cool material and an opportunity to see a powerful slice of what we do. No strings attached.
The FREEPIC LIVE™ Events
#15. Family Character™ Events
VIRTUES PROJECT™ Coaching… for the Family
Family Character™ is a focused program for parents and families seeking additional strategies for raising children and youth in a demanding world. Inspired by the work of The Virtues Project™, this program approaches real life with real world and world proven guidance. The program is a 3-hour session. This results oriented program, conducted periodically through the year, addresses 5 core strategies for engaging communications in families…. and it is FUN! It is grass roots driven and organized by schools and not-for-profit organizations. For more information or to organize a Family Character™ Day, connect with us HERE.
Started in June 2018, Epic Engage™ offers DELIVER™, serving educators, entrepreneurs and emerging leaders with thoughts and ideas for delivering on message. In partnership with Futurpreneur Canada, NLOWE, Canada Business, City of St. John’s, Memorial Centre for Social Enterprise, Metro Business Opportunities, Provincial Association of CBDCs, BDC, and YMCA of NL, DELIVER™ delivers. It delivers on two things… the art of finding and telling your story. When you deliver, it shows up. You show up. With a new format starting Fall of 2020, we run monthly live intimate and interactive sessions (TBA), supported by segments from broadCAST Live™ and TUGtv™. (see below).
The sessions are free and offered through a variety of respected organizations supporting education, entrepreneurship and leadership in Newfoundland and Labrador. Each session is a download on ideas, and a coaching experience to boot. It is a veritable potluck of development to build poise, confidence and clarity in getting your message out. The sessions are remarkable. News of events are posted in our various online groups like #hUmaNITY… or Barry Lewis Green on LinkedIn. For more information, you can also connect HERE.
#17. The CLASSroom™
Officially launching in 2020, The CLASSroom™ essentially are random acts of speaking to youth in schools, no fee. Barry speaks to the heroic in us all. He speaks to together, strong… and he connects. Oh, does he ever connect! Arranged where schedule permitting, this is a pure labour of love for Barry. Interested? For more information, connect HERE.
#18. broadCAST Live™
Monthly, Barry Lewis Green teams up with Jon Butler to run cool PODcasts and Shows called broadCAST Live™. We advance conversation around the global goals… locally, globally and glocally. We interview activants who are making a difference by their actions and explore what it takes. Useful for entrepreneurs, educators and emerging leaders in getting clear and confident, there will be more; much more. And yes, in support of advancing those global goals. More news to follow. For now, check out here, and here. Stay tuned.
Officially launching in Summer 2020, TUVtv™ (on Vimeo) will offer shows centering on those global goals, justice, health and more. And we will be sharing inspiration around new projects dedicated to Panda, Barry’s best bud, girl and #bestlittledogintheworld… including STRONG STREETZ Food Runs™, WINDdancer™ Song and Dance, HUGZ and MUGZ™, The Janeway Telethon, and more to serve the community.