Planning Your Party
Last week, I wrote of my Birthday Ticket. One week later and one week into my 60th year, things are happening.
- 36” waist, healthy and strong; best shape of life … house is good food friendly; gym is refurbished.
- master and lifelong student of character and unity … 4 new books and my “library” is ready.
- speaker in English, Mandarin and French … plans are in place for a summer of practice learning.
- student with The Ruhi Institute… ditto for summer plans of a retreat.
- lover, singer dancer, cartoonist, writer, archer and storyteller … starting video storytelling project.
- simple man with my #bestlittledogintheworld Panda … this is ongoing, every day.
- business educator with CNA… as is this, with a College BREAK next week.
- Strategic Leader with Epic Engage™… and business planning next week during BREAK.
- financially capable contributor to the world… financial planning next week too.
This is not unlike a birthday planning grocery list. The simple power of having identifiable milestones to work on daily, weekly and monthly is considerable. My intention is to “move the needle” on at least one item daily, kind of like moving pieces on a board; nine pieces that must make it home.
I am feeling good on this process already.
My simple thought to you this day is this. What if you were planning for your own birthday, a month down the road or a year? If you were to identify a number of gifts that you would give yourself by that date, what would they be? How can you get abundantly clear on them so that you create your own grocery list for that birthday party of birthday parties?
How can you do this as a leader, educator or entrepreneur? As a student? How can you do this at home, school, work, business or community? Your “birthday” might be the beginning of your school or fiscal year. It might be the anniversary of your company or community. Everything has a “birth day”.
Get your grocery list together for that next birthday. Then go shopping daily, weekly and monthly.
Peace, passion and prosperity…
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy