Last week, I wrote on Wander, Wonder, Ponder, Render … where I suggested that a four step process for exploring decisions for our lives moving forward might go like:
- wander through your life from birth to now, walking through the life events as they have happened (I call it walking your life line). Be deliberate and walk the journey. That which we most remember, we do so for good reason.
- be in a state of wonder in doing so, realizing this as an epic journey filled with trials and triumphs and everything in between.
- ponder their most constructive lessons for you. Ultimately, each trial and triumph is a teacher.
- then render some form of decision on where you go from here.
Today, on the eve of my 59th birthday, and in part born of such a process this week, I both wrote this on Our Universal Three and created this “birthday ticket”. The birthday ticket identifies a concise list of things to happen in this, my 60th year, and ahead of my 60th birthday next February 2020… yup, this time next year. They include 9 milestones that will make my 60th my best birthday yet.
- 36” waist, healthy and strong; best shape of life
- master and lifelong student of character and unity
- speaker in English, Mandarin and French
- student with The Ruhi Institute
- lover, singer dancer, cartoonist, writer, archer and storyteller
- simple man with my #bestlittledogintheworld Panda
- business educator with CNA
- Strategic Leader with Epic Engage™
- financially capable contributor to the world.
This “ticket” is now present on my desktop at College, and at home. It is on my phone. It is concise and clear. It is a one year bucket-grocery list of gifts to me, in becoming and being. It represents my 20022020 Vision of:
- It is 20022020, and I am a master and lifelong student of the global body of work around character leadership and unity building. I work with noble minded and hearted leaducators, communitrepreneurs and emergents in advancing same. In so doing, I have learned conversational Mandarin and French to bring that work more global. I have also engaged a deepened level of spiritual studies and practice through The Ruhi Institute, and more. I am living a life filled with love, song, dance, cartooning, writing, epic stories, archery and more of what and who I love. My #bestlittledogintheworld Panda is by my side in enjoying it all. I am teaching business leadership at College of the North Atlantic, in class and online; and doing my global work of Epic Engage™. I am loving it! I am 110K in weight (slim for my body structure) and benching same; healthy and strong. And, I am financially ready, willing and able to support special projects in which I deeply want to invest and contribute.
It is served by my 90 day strategic plans… and I have aimed and claimed my way to this clarity. All of this is to say that I highly recommend the process of identifying your gifts to you this year. They can end up being gifts to the world. In my case, these 9 milestones above answer:
- Remembering who I am and want to be as Barry Lewis Green
- Readying myself by learning and developing in the areas that are most aligned for me.
- Rising to serve as such where I best can.
So, how about you? For your birthday, or any launch day, what might you set aside as the gifts of gains in your life? What gains can you lay claim to that will serve in you being your very best?
Peace, passion and prosperity…
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy