The Age of Empathy
I invite you to consider this video on age and empathy, among other things. Maybe you might want to read this too… on engaging the diversity of ages and building bridges across the generations.
the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
It is brought about by connection; courageous and committed connection. It is brought about by the real; honesty and truthfulness. It is brought about by creativity; finding ways to imagine yourself in the shoes of another.
This past week, we have explored Empathy, as a virtue… a strength of character and leadership. We did so by introducing empathetic leadership… by pondering how we might emphasize the empathize … and diving into the practice of empathy. We did so through word and graphic and video. We did so through questioning and reflecting.
Personally, and now, I invite you to take some time and munch on any and all that we have explored this week. Bottom line, I invite you to factor in these questions.
- Where and with whom do you most need to practice Empathy, right now?
- What will be the consequences if you do not practice it there?
- What behaviours and actions would facilitate your practice of it?
- What can you do to begin the process?
- What will you do to sustain it?
- What is the importance in doing so?
Invest in asking and answering these questions. Then, make it so. See where that takes you.
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
Barry is ultimately a strength coach and educator. His work is about exploring, identifying, practicing and mastering our strengths and building upon them through practical and powerful unity and resourcefulness. That is why Barry is The Unity Guy™. EPIC Engage™ is an extension of The Unity Guy™. The Epic work is all about building strong, united and inspired cultures lead by character… at school, work and community; where everyone matters and contributes everyday.
This tune, one of my faves by Shinedown, expresses Empathy for me.
Some other resources, if you like:
- 9 Perspectives on Setting Goals
- Thoughts on Dignity and Focus
- Ideas around Open and Creative Thoughts
- Some Leader Talk from 2016
- Some 300+ LinkedIn Articles from which to choose.
Our work is all about character. We work hard and joyfully to help build character driven, united and resourceful organizations and communities around the globe. As part of that work, we offer you …
our FREE buffet of services here.