“Given my recent reflection on my 9-year vision, I came up with these for the next 90 days.
- My Work with CNA and Epic Engage: I will complete a successful Fall 2021 with CNA, caring about my students as best I can. And I will launch into Winter 2022 with a renewed Enthusiasm for teaching. And, I will make Epic Engage the hands of my heart, in Service.
- My Learning. I will continue my studies… reading on character, unity and global service. And, I will learn basic Mandarin, because I want to…
- My Service: I will best support the 4 organizations and causes I choose.
- My Soulful Joy: I will enjoy this modest home and my friends near and far. I will enjoy my Star Trek and Dr. Who and Marvel and Planet of the Apes. I will enjoy my telescope and the stars. I will dance and cartoon. Oh, and learn the fundamentals of boxing.
- My Health: I will manage my affairs, and pray and meditate. I will live SLOWER (sleep, laughter, oxygen, water, exercise and real food) everyday, taking loving care of this body of mine.”
Dreams do matter. And you can have dreams for the long and short runs. So, what if I had only 90 days? What would my soulful dream 90 days look like? What would fulfill me and make me feel that I lived it well in joy and service?
Day tight compartments is a useful concept and construct for managing stress, for sure. And long term vision is indeed cool and important. But 90 days is manageable and see-able for on-the-ground joy and accomplishment.
The above 5 would see such sense of both joy and accomplishment for me. They would be full little big buckets. They would be and are where I will place my energies these next 90 days ahead of my next birthday.
How about you? What would your 90 days look like?
“Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. ― Abraham Lincoln