“So long as the thoughts of an individual are scattered he will achieve no results, but if his thinking be concentrated on a single point wonderful will be the fruits thereof…” — `Abdu’l-Bahá’.
Earlier this week, we started to explore the Point of Caring. We suggested that part of practicing the virtue that is Caring is “knowing where we truly need and want to practice our Caring. Some things are not worthy of it. Others are wholly so. It is not about whether we care… but about for what we care. That is the real question.”
So, now… therein lies the question. What matters most to you? Who matters most to you? At school, work, business, community and life… what and who are your priorities? In other words:
- What people matter most to you, in terms of serving and having impact?
- What ideas, work or service matters most to you, in terms of making both a living and a life?
- What joys matter most to you, in terms of play and recreation?
- What is your fierce and fundamental focus?
These are not questions we spend much time on and we often go around spreading ourselves so thin because of it. But what would discernment, detachment and decisiveness look like around getting clear on what our highest priorities are and practicing our Caring with those? As I write this, I am personally and professionally embarking on a process of cutting away to sharpen the blades and intensify the focus… to give the most and best care to what matters most, for me.
This path will take mindfulness, discernment, detachment, decisiveness and courage. It will take honesty, integrity and truthfulness. But, it will be worth it.
How about you?
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
Barry is ultimately a vocalist, strength coach and educator. His work is about exploring, identifying, practicing and mastering our strengths and building upon them through practical and powerful unity and resourcefulness. That is why Barry is The Unity Guy™. EPIC Engage™ is an extension of The Unity Guy™. The Epic work is all about building strong, united and inspired cultures lead by character… at school, work, business and community; where everyone matters and contributes everyday.
- tips and ideas heading into Summer 2017
- Our Leader ToC Series, up to date
- 360+ and counting posts on character and leadership
PPS (Other Resources)
- Our work is all about character. We work hard and joyfully to help build character driven, united and resourceful organizations and communities around the globe. As part of that work, we offer you …
- and our buffet of FREE services and resources here.