Last week, I shared this on rethinking goals. In it, and among other things, I suggested that I have only one real goal. To be that guy I am, and must be.
I also suggested that, on a daily day tight compartment basis, I now ponder a new version of GREAT.
- GET … based on who you are and what you do, what do you need to GET done today.
- RELEVANCE… how does that powerfully relate and have resonance for your one goal of BEING and DOING? This one is a fixed point, really. You are always relating your “get” to your natural BEING and DOING.
- EXECUTE… what actions do you need to take on to go get it today?
- ASSESS… on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being DONE), at the end of the day, measure your getting it done; and be prepared to reset.
- TIMEFRAME… this is another fixed point… today… 24 hours. That is your time frame; those day tight compartments.
With that in mind, I invite you to engage this video on consistency as strategic advantage… individually, collectively and organizationally. Innovation and disruption are both realities and necessities in life and work, going forward. Still, nothing replaces consistency of experience as strength. As it relates to my road back to optimal health, consistency is paramount. Being and doing as the person I choose to be, consistently, breeds trustworthiness. I learn to trust myself more; and others can trust their experience with me.
So, as I head to #CAPS2017, that one goal is in mind, going GREAT is in mind, and consistency is deeply in mind. How might it relate for you?
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
Barry is ultimately a vocalist, strength coach and educator. His work is about exploring, identifying, practicing and mastering our strengths and building upon them through practical and powerful unity and resourcefulness. That is why Barry is The Unity Guy™. EPIC Engage™ is an extension of The Unity Guy™. The Epic work is all about building strong, united and inspired cultures lead by character… at school, work, business and community; where everyone matters and contributes everyday.
Some other reads, of note…
- Empowering Education
- Life and Care Hacks
- For Leaders and Educators
- Some Thoughtful Perspectives
- One Thought at a Time
- Three Teachers
- Character Matters: Leader Thoughts
- Leader ToC
- Character First
- Developing Leadership Character
PPS (Other Resources)