Last week, there was this post on consistency. Then tonight, I offered this on my new little friend Fit Bit. And, over these past few days, I have been at #CAPS2017, learning, speaking and singing with my bandmates in Elevation. The Fit Bit has been my buddy, getting me to take at least 10,000 steps every day. This is so helpful in terms of going GREAT, for me.
- GET … based on who you are and what you do, what do you need to GET done today.
- RELEVANCE… how does that powerfully relate and have resonance for your one goal of BEING and DOING? This one is a fixed point, really. You are always relating your “get” to your natural BEING and DOING.
- EXECUTE… what actions do you need to take on to go get it today?
- ASSESS… on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being DONE), at the end of the day, measure your getting it done; and be prepared to reset.
- TIMEFRAME… this is another fixed point… today… 24 hours. That is your time frame; those day tight compartments.
Also and over these past few days, I have discovered the coolness of one Earl St. Clair… and I find it moving in so many ways. Then, I see this from my friend and colleague Michelle Cederburg on HELL YEAH.
So, here is my learning as I get on the next leg of this health journey. First, having a clear vision and going GREAT is fundamental. It is base line. Second, consistency is vital and the Fit Bit helps me take the journey of consistency, one day at a time. And third, each day, I need to make decisions that are HELL YEAH.
The vision is clear. The HELL YEAH will help me answer the questions of going GREAT. The Fit Bit and Earl will help me with the consistency of execution.
For us all…
- KNOW your vision, clearly.
- Prioritize your GREAT actions daily with a HELL YEAH Test.
- Find the tools to support your execution.
Oh yeah, and BE OPEN.
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
Barry is ultimately a vocalist, strength coach and educator. His work is about exploring, identifying, practicing and mastering our strengths and building upon them through practical and powerful unity and resourcefulness. That is why Barry is The Unity Guy™. EPIC Engage™ is an extension of The Unity Guy™. The Epic work is all about building strong, united and inspired cultures lead by character… at school, work, business and community; where everyone matters and contributes everyday.
Some other reads, of note…
- Life and Care Hacks
- For Leaders and Educators
- Some Thoughtful Perspectives
- One Thought at a Time
- Three Teachers
- Character Matters: Leader Thoughts
- Leader ToC
- Character First
- Developing Leadership Character
PPS (Other Resources)
- Our work is all about character. We work hard and joyfully to help build character driven, united and resourceful organizations and communities around the globe. As part of that work, we offer you …
- and our buffet of FREE services and resources here.