This is Chamber Minutes™; a monthly blog post in service to the Mount Pearl Paradise Chamber of Commerce and its membership, through its Board and newsletter. Here, we will take a few minutes to consider a thought or two that might help build greater strength in the face of challenges and opportunities alike. As a proud member of the Chamber, Epic Engage™, is all about strength, unity, resourcefulness and excellence… and how to get there. We look forward to exploring same, in service to you… our fellow members.
The Latest from the CHAMBER.
- As we move into 2017, check out the news from your Chamber… including the Chamber receiving the “Community Builder Award” from the City of Mount Pearl!
- Here are the Chamber Minutes for February 2017… on building stronger cultures at work.
- And here is the previous Chamber Minutes from 2016… for catch up.
As we move into Spring, and longer days, here are some thoughts to ponder possibly.
- From www.virgin.com, a celebration of International Women’s Day.
- An article on “getting stuff done” as leaders.
- And this on recognition as a leadership tool.
With that last link in mind, and from last month, how did you apply:
- C — a character strength that you…
- L — like or admire
- a — and
- W — explain why you say that.
We suggested you use the formula to randomly identify and reinforce character strengths in others. We suggested that you be honest and genuine in doing so. This is not flattery. This is courageously and truthfully seeing and naming strengths. If you didn’t try it out, we invite you to go back to the February post and wrap your head around it. C.L.a.W.™ your way through it yourself and see. It will take determination and diligence, but it will pay dividends.
For your reading value, we offer you perspectives on leadership and springing into action.
- Here, find a post of some 8 perspectives around leadership.
- And here… 10 perspectives on that same springing into action.
We thought to again offer these resources from last month. They are good, plus we added.
- Three Steps for Customer Service Excellence?
- 20 Highly Recommended Books
- Lynda.com on a great introduction to employee engagement
Until next month…
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
Barry is ultimately a vocalist, strength coach and educator. His work is about exploring, identifying, practicing and mastering our strengths and building upon them through practical and powerful unity and resourcefulness. That is why Barry is The Unity Guy™. EPIC Engage™ is an extension of The Unity Guy™. The Epic work is all about building strong, united and inspired cultures lead by character… at school, work and community; where everyone matters and contributes everyday.
If you or your team are looking for a free health challenge… check out our 12 week SPRING BREAK…
Our work is all about character. We work hard and joyfully to help build character driven, united and resourceful organizations and communities around the globe. As part of that work, we offer you …
our buffet of FREE services and resources here.