Last week, I wrote on Simple, Man. This morning, I wrote on LinkedIn on D4: Discernment, Detachment, Decisiveness and Discipline. In it, I suggested a three step process of:
- STEP ONE. Discern and Detach.
- STEP TWO. Decide
- STEP THREE. Do with Discipline
I strongly encourage a read of both posts. Either way, and this morning… I am understanding, better than I ever have, the importance of execution.
Those goals have been discerned and decided with a detached spirit. They have been through the ringer of reflection. In them, I am clear, courageous and confident.
There is no more work left in gaining clarity. There is work in further discerning on progress. But, the real work is in execution; in DISCIPLINE.
Going forward, these personal blog posts on Barry’s Blog will center on effort and progress up to and including February 20, 2020 and my 60th birthday… and will focus on the role character plays in having the Discipline to achieve these well discerned, detached and decided goals. It will be focused on realizing and living that original vision:
- It is 20022020, and I am a master and lifelong student of the global body of work around character leadership and unity building. I work with noble minded and hearted leaducators, communitrepreneurs and emergents in advancing same. In so doing, I have learned conversational Mandarin and French to bring that work more global. I have also engaged a deepened level of spiritual studies and practice through The Ruhi Institute, and more. I am living a life filled with love, song, dance, cartooning, writing, epic stories, archery and more of what and who I love. My #bestlittledogintheworld Panda is by my side in enjoying it all. I am teaching business leadership at College of the North Atlantic, in class and online; and doing my global work of Epic Engage™. I am loving it! I am 110K in weight (slim for my body structure) and benching same; healthy and strong. And, I am financially ready, willing and able to support special projects in which I deeply want to invest and contribute.
This will be a milestone journey for me on many levels; journaling the exploration of my sense of character in striving to be the person we best are and want to be. I will be drawing on my own expertise, experience and exploration in doing so.
In some important ways, I am considering myself the proverbial figure within the stone that Michelangelo referenced as his approach to sculpting. Such a model incorporates the twin notions of being and becoming because we are simply carving out. This will be such a process for me, and I invite you to follow and engage the road. Who knows what we might learn?
Could be applicable at school, work, business and community.
As Jean-Luc Picard might say, “Engage”.
Peace, passion and prosperity…
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy
- broadCAST May 2019
- Leaducator March 2019
- Developing Character Leadership
- The Character of Leadership
- CHECK OUT OUR COACHING