Earlier this week, we posted this on Content Meant… starting to explore the virtue or strength of character and leadership that is Contentment. As we noted, this is no virtue of “settling”….but one of being enough while moving forward and getting better. It is about enjoying the ride as we head forward.
Tomorrow, we offer some thoughts on its power in service and enterprise. Stay tuned. For now, and in preparation, we suggest an exercise.
Consider a shortlist of “imperishable” sources of Contentment for you. Make a clear and specific and focused list of those sources of Contentment that are permanent for you… those things that bring you true joy and that no one can take away. For example, you might lose your motorcycle but no one can take away your joy for riding. Get very clear and keep it a short and powerful list, for you.
Then, tomorrow… we ride.
Peace, passion and prosperity.
Barry Lewis Green, aka The Unity Guy™
Barry is ultimately a vocalist, strength coach and educator. His work is about exploring, identifying, practicing and mastering our strengths and building upon them through practical and powerful unity and resourcefulness. That is why Barry is The Unity Guy™. EPIC Engage™ is an extension of The Unity Guy™. The Epic work is all about building strong, united and inspired cultures lead by character… at school, work, business and community; where everyone matters and contributes everyday.
Here are some additional resources that may be of use and\or interest:
- The Leaducator Experience™
- thoughts on inspiration and the august
- encourage confidence
- thoughts on three days and virtues
- ideas on success from 9 perspectives
- and here… thoughts on loving your work.
- Plus 380+ LinkedIn Blog Posts and counting on character, leadership and education.
PPS (Other Resources)
- Our work is all about character. We work hard and joyfully to help build character driven, united and resourceful organizations and communities around the globe. As part of that work, we offer you …
- and our buffet of FREE services and resources here.